Our guides being in great demand, we recommend that you book your excursions as early as possible. You can cancel up to 7 days before the excursion. (See our cancellation policy)
Half-Day Versailles excursion from Paris
Prices are generally for the whole group and not per person (except for tours including meals and other entrance fees to attractions included in the tour).
Variations (+ or -) may apply depending on the number of people and will be calculated at the time of booking.
See the palace’s highlights, including the King’s and Queen’s apartments, the Chapel, the Hall of Mirrors, the Salon of Abundance, and Gardens.
About this tour...
We will meet in front of the Bastille Opera where you will be picked up. After a short ride to Versailles, I will take you inside the palace using skip the line tickets and lead you to see the King's Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, and all the other surprising and opulent rooms of the Palace. Go at your pace and hear as many interesting facts and stories as you can.
After that, we go to the gardens to see the stunning fountains wanted by Louis XIV. Choose the parts of the gardens you want to see and enjoy the world's largest open-air sculpture museum filled with statues, busts, and marble vases that date back to 1661 when teams of sculptors were led by King Louis XIV's official painter, Charles Le Brun.
When it's time to go back to Paris, you will enjoy the ride and rest after this royal journey to the Sun King's Palace.
Opera de Bastille
- You shall wear a mask as masks are mandatory.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, the tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Note that baby strollers are not allowed in the Palace but can be used in the Gardens so please bring a baby carrier.
- Please note that the tour is better done in the morning but this will depend on the availability of the tickets for sale.
- Note that depending on the day, some shows are held in the gardens, so I will adapt the tour to that to show you the maximum I can or to advise you.
- Remember that the Palace opens every day from 9.00 am to 6.30 pm except on Mondays
and 1st May.
What is included
- - Guided tour with a licensed tour guide
- Transportation from and to Paris
- Skip-the-line Tickets
What is extra
- - Souvenirs
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks
A Golf cart for 4 people
Hiring a boat
This Tour is available in:
Wheel chair friendly
Type of transportation
English, French, Arabic
This tour is kids friendly
This tour is wheelchair friendly
Meet your guide
My name is Aida and I am a licensed tour guide in Paris. I had a pretty long and enriching professional experience in teaching but at one point I felt that I needed more than just transmitting information, I needed to learn and discover new places. And because I was deeply passionate about Paris, history, travel, architecture, and meeting new people, I decided to become a tour guide 3 years ago to offer original, fun, and private experiences to my guests. What I like the most about being a guide is that within just one day I can visit many places and travel through many centuries. I love my work and, feel happy when sharing my passion and knowledge with others.
Be sure, I will make your trip a joyous and memorable experience.
I can’t wait to meet you and share those special moments.