Our guides being in great demand, we recommend that you book your excursions as early as possible. You can cancel up to 7 days before the excursion. (See our cancellation policy)
VIPS-ROME-SHORE-EXCURSION IN 8 HOURS
Prices are generally for the whole group and not per person (except for tours including meals and other entrance fees to attractions included in the tour).
Variations (+ or -) may apply depending on the number of people and will be calculated at the time of booking.
- Trevi Fountain
- St. Peter's Basilica ( Sistine Chapel, Museums)
- Monumental Rome with sightseeing tour by van.
About this tour...
We get together early in the morning right at the bottom of your ship, on the pier. Myself, the driver and the van. Rome is about an hour south from the port.
While entering the Eternal City, our sightseeing tour will enhance several monuments in a special itinerary that includes also a stop (pit-stop?) at St. Paul's out Walls before featuring : the Pyramid of Caius Cestius, Caracalla's public Baths, Circus Maximus, Aventine Hill, Forum Boarium (the ancient Fluvial Port) and Capitoline Hill
Rome offers these three different itineraries to first time visitors: Imperial; Baroque; Christian.
We are going to catch the essential of all the three in the space of 8 hours.
- Entering the Colosseum and other sites in its area ( Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and IMPERIAL Forums);
- Toss the three coins into Trevi Fountain, masterpiece of late BAROQUE; have time to shop for souvenirs and have Italian food at lunch.
- Enter the Vatican State to visit the Museums, that include the Sistine Chapel, and go inside the "mother of all Churches" St. Peter's Basilica, cradle of CHRISTIANITY.
The hour to go back to the port of Civitavecchia and be there at the scheduled hour.
Under your ship, right on the pier. I will carry a sign with your name on it.
- Comfortable shoes for the walking.
- Vatican requires knees and shoulders covered for both genders; long to the knee shorts, no sleeveless T- shirts
If you want, I could take care of admissions skip-the-line mode but we cannot be sure of finding availability. That's why I am asking for notices long ahead of your possible date. Time gives me a better chance to find available entrances. You will refund cash for their cost when here with me.
If your notice is short I have to ask you to take care of your own reservation entering web-sites that offer tickets at a higher price.
Take notice, in this case, that Colosseum entrance should happen before 10:00 am, Vatican after max 4 hours from Colosseum entrance time.
What is included
- 1) My service as your guide for 8 hours
2) Private transportation pier-to-pier , at disposal for the length of the tour
What is extra
- 1) Food or drinks
2) Your personal expenses of any kind.
3) Admissions +reservation cost.
I have not included admission and reservation skip the line mode in the total cost; availability is becoming hard at certain times so I can possibly find availability only if your booking comes at least two months ahead of your date.
E.fee. Vatican Museums
This Tour is available in:
Wheel chair friendly
Type of transportation
Yes,kids love legends of Ancient Rome, they like to toss the coins in the Fountain and discover new places. They love the ice-cream we have in Rome.
Not really...We have to walk on uneven surfaces when inside the Roman Forum , or Palatine Hill.
Mercedes van, generation 2019. Air conditioned, wifi, microphone on board for commentaries, freezer.
I work with professional authorized drivers that can offer a full coverage insurance for people transported.
Our standard is considered at VIPS level.
Meet your guide
I have almost 30 years of professionalism in tourist business and have always enjoyed guiding visitors in their discovering.
Rome is magnificent and offers more than any other place I have visited in my life. Showing it to you and fulfilling your time narrating stories and legends of its three-millennial existence, is my pleasure.
I have a strong attraction for good restaurants and good wines.
Make of this tour also the occasion to taste the exquisite dishes that a Roman can suggest.